Fast & Furious Boat Building & Race
Competing in the Fast and Furious is not just building and racing a boat, it is putting on a show! You're not just designing a boat, you're designing a concept. Whether it's the Flinstones sailing the YabbaDabbaDoo, or the ballerinas on Swan Lake or maybe the Dynamic Duo racing on the Batboat, prizes are awarded for originality, spirit, best costume, best sinking and more, so it's a chance to get creative! And of course, winning the race itself is rewarded too!
Competitors are supplied with the following materials. Only paint may be supplied by the competitor.
- 3 - 4ft x 8ft 1/4" plywood
- 25ft of 3 strand line
- 2 tubes adhesive sealant
- 2 sawhorses
- 4 - 10ft lengths of 2" x 4"
- 4 - 10ft lengths of 1" x 2"
- 4 - 10ft lengths of 1 1/4" x 1/4" lattice stock
- 2 pounds of assorted nails
- 1 electrical outlet and extension cord
- 48 square feet of sail cloth
- Two people to a team. Both must be on hand for the building portion, and both must be on board during sea trials. You will be allocated a 4 hour building slot. If you have a preference for day/time, please specify on the registration form.
- Team members must be 19 years or older to compete.
- The boats must be designed for rowing/paddling and sailing, and built within the 4 hour time-slot. Painting may be completed outside of the 4 hours.
- Boats, oars/paddles, and sails must be built from the material provided. No exceptions.
- No patterns allowed.
- No materials other than paint may be supplied by the competitors.
- No additional form of propulsion allowed.
- Competitors must supply and wear a Type III flotation device during the Sea Trials.
- There is a $30 non-refundable registration fee per team.
The Fast & Furious Competition is a popular event and space is limited, so register early to ensure a spot. To receive more information and an application form, please use our contact form and select "Fast and Furious".